Steering rack

Omer F. Khan ohmfab at comcast.net
Thu Oct 23 11:00:51 CDT 2008

If the rack is not leaking now it is probably fine and since the PS
fluid will be changed when you do your engine swap it should last you at
least another 100k.

My 92 has almost 250k miles on the original rack.  I did change the the
boots on the rack last year because one was torn and the other didn't
look much better.  I used universal boots from AutoZone that were like 5
bucks each.  I also changed the high pressure hose and the tie rod ends
which I got from NAPA but can't remember how long ago that was.

The fuel hose is 5/16" and I would recommend changing it.  My return
line cracked underneath the fuel filter and it was a pain to get to the
clamps.

Omer
'92 SE-R
'99 Volvo S80