wanted: various exhaust bits, middle section, B13. (vent)

davidpertuz at mindspring.com davidpertuz at mindspring.com
Fri Jul 4 22:41:47 CDT 2008

Some asshole stole the cat out of my SE-R tonight while parked in the New Center area for a festival, so I'm gonna be looking for some new exhaust bits in the next couple of months. Not two days before I finish moving from Detroit <sniffle> to Chicago, and this happens now? Ugh. At least it wasn't the G20, which is already in Chicago. What pisses me off the most is not the missing cat per se, but the PITA factor in fixing the exhaust. No chance I'll find another Jim Wolf secondary, so I'll have to put the stock manifold back on (I like my header, dammit, and the car's had a header for something like 12 years now), get a new cat, new hanger bits and new resonator section. Anyone got some bits hanging around that they don't use? Once it gets to Chicago I'm going to put it up on stands in the garage and drop the engine to do the bearings and general freshening and 10 other things, so this is just one more task to add to the list. Beats me why someone would pick a tired-looking 15-year-old Sentra to steal a cat from, instead of, say, the new F150 witha  foot of ground clearance that was parked in front of me. I still love Detroit, though - stupid theft s**t can't change that! :)

David