NX2000 Exhaust

Jon Pennington cowboydren at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 12:47:55 CST 2008

On Feb 4, 2008 9:28 AM, Greg Amy <grega at pobox.com> wrote:

> I want to thank you all for your quick responses, I'll
> try to answer a few q's...

Still, nothing beats this list for quality. :)

> Tim, Jerry's was also straight-through? The flapper
> idea is intriguing, but probably more trouble than I'm
> interested in.

Somehow, I missed that part of this conversation.

> Frank, I'm not familiar with the HKS system. Do they
> offer 3"? Any details or URLs you could refer me to?

No.

> Anyone know if their welds and flanges are stainless,
> too?

The flanges are stainless.  The welding rod isn't pure, but it's just
as pure as the weld on Magnaflow stainless mufflers.  Both have mild
surface rust after two winters of service, but nothing I'm worried
about ('94 G20, 2.25" VRS with custom-spec mufflers).

Do replace your hangers.  I hear that the polyurethane kits for a
240SX include the proper variety of lengths to hang most Nissan
exhaust systems.

--

Why, yes, I *can* cross-thread a ketchup bottle.