New 91 SE-R

JaretR1 at aol.com JaretR1 at aol.com
Sat Jan 19 18:22:27 CST 2008

Well . ..

After some internal debate... I did it.  I took my beloved 91 SE-R  into the
body shop and let them loose.  No, it didn't come out purple with  22" wheels
. . but came out looking as good or better than it did the day I  drove it  (
actually I think my father drove it because I didn't know how  to drive a
manual yet) off the lot at South Motors Nissan.  It wasn't  cheap, but I am glad I
did it.  I have not seen a classic SE-R in the  condition mine looks like
right now.  The few that are left on the road are  either heaps of crap, or have
been modified, lowered, turbo charged or  something.   It truly looks like a
new car on the outside at  least.  The body shop did a pretty good job.  Its
not perfect, but  this is no show car and I am not taking it to Barrett
Jackson...so its more than  good enough.  I am waiting for some replacement fog light
lenses from  Courtesy and then it will be worthy of some photo's which I will
post somewhere  (any recommendations?).

Its kinda neat to have what was really a relatively rare car (not the  Sentra
but the SE-R), even if it has no collector value, in pretty nice  condition.
And of course the sentimental value of still owning the car  since the day I
bought it new, almost 17 years ago when I was 18.   Hopefully the car cover it
will be resting under now will protect it from the  elements for the most
part and keep it looking good.  In the garage is my  07 350Z ( I am not stupid,
the Z is worth a lot more).

My 06 RSX Type S is my daily driver.  Whats funny is I bought the RSX  so if
I had a problem, I could experience the service Acura is known for..but  with
26k miles, I have yet to have a single issue to return back to the dealer
with...how ironic. I think I prefer it that way.

Long live this list...and long live my new 91 SE-R!!!

Jaret (done with buying cars for a little while I hope)