B13 P10 parts interchangeability?

Raymond A. Kawski sr20de at e-rak.com
Tue Jan 8 14:53:07 CST 2008

Mark Holden wrote:

> the same after the outer CV joint.  This P10 is not a G20t model (though
> I'm not 100% sure on that), so it doesn't have the VLSD (right?).  Not having

The VLSD trans has a buldge on the drives side where the axle goes into
the trans.   The axle seal is also twice as big as the passenger seal.
  The NON-VLSD one has the same size seals on either side.

> So, what axles can be used with this in a B13?  None of the B13 SE-R's
> came without VLSD, right?  Can't use P10 axles.  Can I use non VLSD

If it's a VLSD your axles will work.  If it's non-vlsd you driveside
axle needs to be different and I'm not sure what you can use.

If it was a B14 you could use a 98 or 99 axle.  My suggestion is to call
Marty up at Raxles and see what he can do for you.  He's been known to
make up franken axles before.

RK