B13 P10 parts interchangeability?

Mark Holden mark at mnautosport.com
Tue Jan 8 11:54:23 CST 2008

Ok, I've looked and searched and now I'm just confusing myself more.

Around here (MN) 13 SE-Rs are rare as hen's teeth.  On the other hand,
P10 G20s are, while not exactly plentiful, a lot easier to find.  In fact I've
located two in boneyards, one that's untouched (so far) driveline-wise,
which has an AT, and another that's had the engine gone over, but the
manual transmission is still in place.

I was thinking about pulling the engine out of the one and the transmission
and flywheel from the other, but here is where I get confused.

The axles.  I think that the P10 axles are different at the spindle, but the
the same after the outer CV joint.  This P10 is not a G20t model (though
I'm not 100% sure on that), so it doesn't have the VLSD (right?).  Not having
a VLSD is fine with me, as I want to weld the differential, and I'll feel better
about doing that to a non VLSD transmission anyhow.

So, what axles can be used with this in a B13?  None of the B13 SE-R's
came without VLSD, right?  Can't use P10 axles.  Can I use non VLSD
axles from a B14 or B15?  Or would it require making hybrid axles from
the P10 non-VLSD and B13 axles?

While I'm on the subject, what other parts from a P10 can be used on
a B13 beyond the engine/transmission/accessories?  These look like
my best bet for parts that I can't pull off of just any B13 Sentra (non-SE-R).

--
Mark Holden
meh710 at gmail.com