SR20 Forum - BLAH!

Aaron Mosher amosher at maine.rr.com
Tue Dec 11 13:53:25 CST 2007

Mike, I apologize if I came across as not thinking people should be
compensated.  Re-reading what I wrote, it does sound like that.

I don't have the attitude that site should be free, or that any site in
particular should be free - I'm just trying to relate how the 'classic'
internet model was in play here.  The owner built up a site that has a lot
of content and members, i.e. eyeballs, and those eyeballs are worth
something to someone.  Somehow, it has to be monetized - nobody should work
that hard for free.

You're absolutely right that it's not a right; it is a right to start your
own forum or mailing list as a 'free' alternative to the original.