SR20 Forum - BLAH!

George Roffe geo31 at suddenlink.net
Tue Dec 11 11:01:39 CST 2007

Matt Hunt <mhunt at ecin.net> wrote:

>People seem to think that after all the time and money spent on my part
>that I'm supposed to just give the site away. I really wish people knew
>what it took to run such a site and run it well. I don't expect anyone
>to support me in my choice, they just have to understand it. I will only
>be the bad guy no matter what I do now.

Horsepucky!

You are NOT the bad guy.  I think there are a lot of people who know and understand that your contribution was significant.  I don't blame you for selling.  It's not your day job and keeping that site working so well takes considerable effort.  Most people know that.  I have not read the bitching on the site because I've been tied up with my year end stuff at work (budgets and audit prep and some other things).  I will check it out, but I am guessing that the people who are complaining and whining are those who are not the doers, but the takers.  This very list had its moments in the past when people would whine and complain about how Larry did things.  Tough.  For those who want to do something different, go do it and stop whining.

Thanks for all you did (and continue to do) Matt.  The SR20 community is better off for all your efforts through the years as it is also through Larry's efforts.  I'm amazed that Larry has continued this mailing list all these years, especially after SR20forum took off, but we have a great community and will always have core people who care about it, whether they still have an SR20 powered car or not.

George Roffe
Turd Rex

PS: One of my other favorite car forums was just sold as well (Rennlist).  Things change.  It's the way of life.