Long-time list member giving up his '91 SE-R--need garage space

D. F. Haley dfhaley at snet.net
Tue Nov 13 10:33:20 CST 2007

Hi, I've rarely posted on this list, but it has been a great help for me
all the years that I've owned my '91 SE-R (bought it new).  Nice to see
long-time listers like George R. still posting!

I'd like to sell/give my car to a lister, as payback for all the good
advice I've had over the years.

Currently my car has 170,000 miles on it, and it has been a great car.
Last year, I had a big scare when coming down a hill and I lost all
braking.  One of my brake lines had burst, so all the brake fluid was
shortly pumped out onto the pavement.  Fortunately, I and the car
survived, but I parked the car in my garage.  I decided to re-do the
brakes.  I found one of the two rear brake lines from a dealer, but the
other is NLA.  In my younger days, I'd think nothing of building one
from scratch, but now I'm too busy to do it.  So the car has been
sitting for nearly a year, and I have decided to give it up to a
deserving list member, if anyone wants it.

The car spent three winters in New Hampshire, where my daughter went to
college, which is when the brake lines got all rusted.  The body is
still sound, however, and is undented, and clean.  Before my daughter
had it, I always waxed it at least 4 times/year.  It's a good runner,
and has never been tracked.  I've used Mobil 1 in it at every oil
change, every 5,000 miles for its entire life.  At about 90,000 miles, I
re-did the whole suspension with Tokico shocks, new tie rods, and all
new suspension rubber bushings.  I've done the engine mounts a couple of
times as well, plus it's had brakes a couple of times.  Let's see, other
stuff...  Oh yeah, I did a new timing chain tensioner.  It has
brand-new, never-used rear calipers.  The brake master cylinder is newly
rebuilt.  The only performance mods are hot-shot headers and a Wolfe
CPU.  It has a full set of snow tires on the OEM rims, and summer tires
on aftermarket rims.  It has an aftermarket radio, that was badly
installed by Tweeters.  There is a small crack in the windshield.

This is all available nearly free.  I'll take the best offer.  In fact,
for someone who's a lister, I'll GIVE it away FREE, as long as he/she
takes ALL the spares: three sets of wheels/tires, assorted spare parts,
extra hotshot header that needs small weld, the new brake lines, and
stuff like that.  It's going to have to go on a trailer, or someone
local here in Connecticut is welcome to work on it in my garage.  It's
currently up on jack stands, ready-to-be-finished, where it has been
sitting since December last year.

Send me an email and I'll give you my phone contact, etc.  If I don't
hear anything for a while, I'll sell it locally.

dfhaley at snet.net