Painting advice

Ben Fenner fenfam at sc.rr.com
Sun Sep 23 12:57:15 CDT 2007

More on my brother's car. It was painted just before he bought it. We
had no idea how it looked before we won the auction on eBay.

It's a black car, so there are many black plastic bits that should just
be black plastic, like the door handles, and the rear view mirrors. They
painted all of those. The worst overspray being towards the bottom of
the car on the side skirts where the paint all flowed to, and where they
didn't wash the car properly, so their is dirt under the paint. Also,
they removed the lettering on the trunk before painting, but did not get
rid of the residue, so they put the letters back on, but you can see
where they've painted over the residue. Also, they put the "S" "E" and
"R" from SE-R in the word "SENTRA" on the left of the trunk lid, and
vice versa. It looks idiotic, as the letters of clearly of different sizes.

I just want you to know what you're getting into if you hand your car
over for a $150 paint job without doing all of the prep and masking
yourself.

-Ben Fenner
1994 Black SE-R (going VEMS, then turbo)
1994 Black SE-R (with sunroof, failing clutch, and horrible paint job)