Correct exhaust bits for T28

Raymond A. Kawski sr20de at e-rak.com
Wed Sep 12 14:48:58 CDT 2007

Ben Fenner wrote:

> I have a question as to which manifold and j-pipe to buy. Ideally I

Snip:
> car. Also, the same goes for the J-Pipe. My question is, would the
> pieces from a T25 equipted car work just as well? Are they
> interchangable? What should I be looking for?

Get the GTi-R manifold and GTi-R T28.  If you can locate a T04B housing
from somewhere get that.  I was able to make 316whp with that setup.
Avenir manifolds are decent to but still don't flow as well as the GTi-R
manifold AFAIK.

> Also, I'm looking for upwards of 275 HP, but what ever the little T28
> can give me, I'll probably live with. I have a different car in mind

Attainable at 16psi.  I would get water injection just so you don't have
to worry about pump gas and detonation.

> Oh, and for now I'm thinking of keeping the stock exhaust. What the hell
> am I supposed to do to get it to connect to the J-Pipe? Is that just a
> pipe dream? Will I need to get an exhaust shop to make me a pipe to go
> from the cat to the J-Pipe, with some flex pipe in there?

You will want to get a 3" exhaust w/ no cat if you want to make the HP
levels you are talking plus the journal bearings on the turbo will like
you more if you do.

RK