Will a RWD SR20 distributor fit a FWD engine?

Jon turboser3006 at verizon.net
Wed Aug 29 21:29:52 CDT 2007

I seriously doubt the 50mm disc will fit in the SER dist... tolerances
are pretty close. The picture of the RWD dist. looks like a completely
different drive end from the SER unit. It looks like it was meant to be
gear driven, where the SER unit is directly driven from the end of the
cam. There is a roll pin, so you might be able to change ends, but my
guess is the thing still won't fit. Probably cheapest/easiest answer is
to get the VEMS disc, but I don't like the idea of 24 pulses (12 per
crank revolution)... I think that isn't enough to get accurate timing. I
would probably make a signal divider of some sort. Something like a PIC
and a D flip-flop would work nice and you could divide the signal down
to whatever you like. What is the max frequency the VEMS can handle? You
could also talk to some folks who etch metal and see if they could make
you a disc to do whatever you want.

Jon Davis