WB02 decision and Crank Angle Sensor type question

Ben Fenner fenfam at sc.rr.com
Sun Jul 8 02:13:51 CDT 2007

Thanks for all the help with the WB02 sensor stuff. After carefully
considering the Innovate WB02 controller (my boosted friend uses it as
well), I found out the VEMS has a digital controller built in (I'm
starting to like this stand-alone thing more and more). So I was once
again chasing a tail I didn't have to. It turns out I just need one of
those Bosche WB02 sensors, and I'm all set. That saves me some $140, so
I'm happy.

Now I'm almost ready to purchase the VEMS unit, I just need to know one
more thing before I do, so I order it with the correct configuration.

Do the SR20DE and DETs use a VR type crank angle sensor, or a HALL type?
And do they even have a cam angle sensor (I didn't think they did). If
for some reason they do, what type is it? VR, or HALL?

I've searched quite a bit for this information, and I haven't found it
anywhere. I'm hoping someone can save my butt here. =]

Oh, and for those interested in how versatile VEMS is, it does have
boost control (I was hopeful), and can be configured to handle launch
control.

-Ben Fenner
1994 Black SE-R (going turbo)
1994 Black SE-R (with sunroof)