ECU talk (MegaSquirt vs. VEMS)

mike kojima choaderboy2 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 5 11:44:48 CDT 2007

In the old days we tuned carburtetors like this,
uncluding plug readings but a 10:1 NA motor is
definatly not as picky as a turbo motor especialy a
high powered one.  I would never attempt to WOT tune a
high powered turbo car without a wide band.  I might
without data logging.

Even all wide band are not created equal.  Last year I
tested most of the leading brands and found that only
the inovate is worth a damn.

The others cannot calibrate for drift and even when
new they read all over the place.