ECU talk

Ben Fenner fenfam at sc.rr.com
Wed Jun 27 12:24:02 CDT 2007

Jon wrote:
> I am the best shade tree hack east of the Mississippi, though.

Taking the crown from me are you?

> Ben, please keep us posted on how you make out. I would *really* love to
> see what maps you come up with, if you don't mind sharing. It would be
> pretty cool if you would let us in on what not to do too. :)

You can count on it.

As an update, I'm waiting for a response from Calum as to the tuning
process on his ECU. Does anyone know if he's managed to reverse engineer
every part of the ECU, and now there's a software package one can use to
tune like a typical stand-alone? Or does his ECU involve dumping binary
code, hex editting it, re-compiling, and hoping you got the correct
values... ?

-Ben Fenner
1994 Black SE-R (going turbo)
1994 Black SE-R (with sunroof)