RB ECU options.

Erik Halvorson hammer_down at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 25 17:50:23 CDT 2007

Hey Ben, I have seen nothing stand alone for the RB engines.  I am sure
there exists something out there but it is not a popular option, apparently.
  The Nissan engineers put together an awful nice, bullet proof package with
the RB ECU.  There are a few Tuners for the Stock ECU like Mines and Tomy
but these are pretty radical for our crappy fuel, they are expensive and
they are not "tune-able".  You do have a few piggy back options like Greddy:

http://greddy.com/products/display/?Category=electronics&SubCategory=47

and APEX-i but, viola, it ain't cheap.  The stock ECU does have some
flexibility with the use of a Consult interface (check out PLMS) where you
can tweak the base timing and I hear you can play with the base fuel map too
but haven't played with my R32 like that yet.  I will be taking it to
Fairlady Motors/ UP-Garge USA to have Doug Smith check how things are
running once I finish the installation of the manual Trans and RB25DET....
I am shooting for around 300rwhp.  If Clark and Co will do a tune on the RB
ECU, I would definitely consider it.  I love plug and play and no worry
about the ECU of causing a BOOM, as long as all the peripherals are working
properly.

Erik Halvorson