Avoid JGY like the PLAGUE!!

geo3 at earthlink.net geo3 at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 25 14:03:15 CDT 2007

Wayne Cox, <wc701lists at bellsouth.net> wrote:

>The big step was modifying the thing to take a "chip" and
>disassemble the code.  That effort can be amortized over all the
>Nissans they were developing it for [Geo - give me some accounting
>help here ;) ]

Actually, I'm not going to be able to help your cause much here.  Sure, the
costs can be amortized.  I'm sure they were.  However....

Any good business does not price on cost plus.  You try to price based upon
what the market will bear or adjust that if you are trying to hit a
particular market (mostly likely price-point).  Last I knew JWT was selling
as many ECUs as hey could build.  By that measure I'd wonder (as I'm sure
Jim and Clark have) if they are priced too low to be honest.

The SR20 community doesn't realize just how good we have it.  Pure plug and
play with almost zero problems (almost folks, I'm sure there have been
exceptions).  My girlfriend has a well modded 93 R1 RX-7 and has few
choices for an ECU and her current program is pig rich and has other
problems, not to mention it doesn't stand a chance in hell of passing smog.
I keep thinking how luck the SR20 community is and how cool it would be if
she could get as cheap an reliable a solution.  When I built the turbo G20
the JWT ECU was a true no-brainer.  Sure, I could have used a tunable ECU
and maybe made a few more hp, but I didn't have to dick with it and I knew
it would be reliable.  OK, that was a nearly stock DET, but they have a
plethora (like that word? ;-) of other higher performance choices.  I
personally think the JWT ECU is a bargain.  The Calum ECU is as well and
great for those who want to ticker with a dial-a-boom.  BTW I'm not saying
you'll blow up with his ECU, just that people who tinker with them run a
big risk of that.  It's great for the tinkerer though.

George Roffe