flywheel and convention

Kieran Lavin kieran at kieranlavin.com
Thu Mar 29 10:20:54 CDT 2007

Flywheel: I purchased a B14 flywheel with the GC that I won at last year's
convention and it is installed without a CEL (well, there is one, but for
something else - a busted air temp sensor which occured long after)  So, as
long as you specify B14, Fidanza is fixed.  Khiem, maybe you ordered a B14
one but they actually gave you a B13 one?  I also think, in speaking with the
shop that I ordered from, that there were two part numbers for the B14 and
one was incorrect... stupid but I vaguely remember something like that which
caused me some confusion.  I was insistant with the guy that I ordered from
that I wanted the right one and he actually had to call me back after calling
up Fidanza to confirm the part number.  The shop was also involved with a
lawsuit where some idiot gave them the part number, got the wrong one (the
part number he gave them was wrong) and he somehow blew up his engine (most
likely in a non-flywheel related way!) and was blaming the shop for it.

Convention: It's in Chicago this year June 1 - 4.  Blasphemy (Larry would
have my head if he knew I was posting a link to the *FORUM* but...):

http://www.sr20forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=65

Oh, and to answer the question David originally asked, I don't know about
some of the other "old-timers" (not that I or Ray are any of them) but Ray
and I and Joe DiMinno are going.  Schoenholz, Scarpulla, Weeks should be
there since he lives in the freaking city... if not, I have his address and
WILL track his ass down, Kojima I haven't heard about, Roffe I don't think
we've heard from, many, many, many more that I don't know about

kieran