ball joints - phew

Frank Ewald frank_ewald at sympatico.ca
Tue Mar 13 16:46:52 CDT 2007

I found Scott's instructions (BTW, just have to say I really like my
Shigspeed Pillowball mounts. To bad you're not still making them!)
for popping the ball joint off - all I can say is the required
strength level was understated. Wow! To top it off, the passenger
side bolt was seized and rounded off on me. After some heat and an
impact gun and massive snap-on pliers it's off. After that scenario I
got the auto parts store I got the MOOG ball joints from to have
their machine shop install them into the LCA for me. I hope that
doesn't make me any less of a backyard mechanic. To top off that
basic maintenance, I have Whiteline Castor bushings and 4 pt. LCA
brace that will be installed as I start putting it back together.

My advertising bump:
We've got a few guys from this list, coupled with several from
sr20forums, who're coming to the Mosport DDT on May 6. 25 drivers are
already paid up and we're looking for 5 more drivers to fill out our
advanced group. You'll see some great Nissans, Subarus, and a few
Hondas. If you're interested, drop me an email. It works out to about
$140 US for the day. I've asked Nissan Canada for some promotional
items for the day. If any of you have a contact with Nissan USA, let
me know. I'll appreciate if you don't want to share your source ;-)

I have to say thank you to the members of this list. When I started
lurking here 6 or so years ago, I would have never attempted many of
the things that I currently do. You're a great bunch of guys! And my
car is handling better and better!

Frank