OT: B-class cars (Versa, Fit)

David Pertuz davidpertuz at mindspring.com
Sat Dec 16 16:10:15 CST 2006

At 09:53 AM 12/16/06 -0500, you wrote:
>At 04:04 AM 12/16/2006, David Pertuz wrote:
>>I had the opportunity to drive a Honda Fit for a couple of days this
>>week. If I were to buy a new car and didn't want to spend the money for,
>>say, a Mazda 3, this is probably what I'd get. It is such a fun little
>>roller skate and reminds me somewhat of my SE-R
>
>So how are you getting into all these?  Aren't you working @
>Dam-Chrysler?  Are they flying you to remote locations and stuffing you
>into rental cars?  Or do they have a fleet of "the competition" they let
>you play with?!

Yes, I work at DCX. It is a nice privilege/perk of my particular job that I
get to drive cars on a frequent basis - generally almost always ours,
whether they are lease cars I'm evaluating or performing testing on, or
pool vehicles, or engineering vehicles or etc. Like all automakers, DCX has
various competitive vehicles on hand that are used for teardowns, testing,
benchmarking, evaluation, etc. Since I work in Vehicle Development it is
not hard to get one, especially for short time periods (submit a request or
just walk over and ask), and I do find it useful in my own job to know what
the rest of the world (so to speak) is like, so when a car is available for
a day or two there are a large handful (generally C- and D-segment and
small crossovers) I'm trying to get some seat time in.

DP