Lower "A" arm bushing removal.

Ben Fenner fenfam at sc.rr.com
Wed Nov 8 17:49:37 CST 2006

I'm going to install new lower "A" arms on my classic. My current
ball-joints are shot, so they need replacing. I ordered some urathane
bushings to replace the rubber on the new parts. The problem is, the
lever press at the school's machine shop isn't doing the trick, and the
hydraulic press is broken.
I have experience removing the engine mount inserts with a hacksaw. I'd
rather not go through that again, but if that's the way to do it, I'd
like to know. What else would someone try? It looks like I'll have to
get the rubber out before I can even fit a hacksaw blade in, so what
should I do that with? I'm not really a fan of the torch method, but
once again, I'll do what it takes.

-Ben Fenner
1994 Black SE-R