Moving away from SE-R

John A. Heer jheer at walterhav.com
Tue Nov 7 20:34:21 CST 2006

It is with mixed emotions that I announce my purchase today of my first
non-SR20DE car since 1991. After much deliberation, I bought a 2007
MazdaSpeed3, and I am very psyched about it. However, that also means
that I must now sell my 1993 SE-R.

I have driven an SE-R my entire professional life - almost 16 years. I
bought my original black SE-R in March 1991 during my last year in law
school. It was my daily driver and best friend until I wrecked it in
August 2003. I then bought my current daily driver, a cherry 1993 SE-R.
It has been just as fun as the first SE-R, maybe more so. I really drove
this second one the way it was intended, and I actually placed second
this season in STS in my local autocross group. What a blast to throw
into a turn!

But the nagging problems of an aging car are starting to become too much
to tolerate on my 50-60 miles per day commute. I still LOVE to get into
it every single day to drive to work. But it was just time, ya know?
Anyway, I will list it on the forums soon.

I can't wait to pick up the Speed3 tomorrow to drive it for the first
time as mine, but I hope to stay in touch always with the SE-R
community. Thank you all for everything you have given to me (and so
many others) since I joined this list in 1996 - over ten years of
helpful, knowledgeable, and often very entertaining guidance.

John Heer
91 SE-R (R.I.P. 8/03)
98 SE (R.I.P. 11/04 - killed by ex-wife)
93 SE-R (still running strong as hell at 131K)