Mazdaspeed 3 (was: do you miss your car)

Frey, Richard K rfrey at iupui.edu
Wed Oct 25 15:12:27 CDT 2006

My wife drives a Mazda 3 5 door.  It doesn't have the new direct
injected turbo motor in it so it could use a power boost but the
suspension and brakes on this car are awesome.  Every car enthusiast I
know who sees it think the brakes on this are after market products.
They are absolutely huge.  I'd seriously look at the mazda 3 and take
one out for a good test drive, you won't be disappointed in handling or
braking.  I'd love to throw a good turbo on it but will wait till the
warranty has run.  The only complaint I have about the car is the final
drive ratio.  It is too low a gear for my liking and cruises at too high
an rpm but great for scootin' around town or at the track.  The direct
injected turbo might have a better final drive ratio as it is
considerably more powerful.

Rick frey