do you miss your car

David Pertuz davidpertuz at mindspring.com
Wed Oct 25 22:18:58 CDT 2006

>As for me missing my car, I know exactly what David is talking about. I'll
>take week vacations in MA and fly. When I get back, I just can't wait to
>flog the SE-R for a bit. It centers me. I'm home again.

The thing is....as much as I miss all of the fun parts of the SE-R, I sure
don't miss the jiggly ride, the lack of isolation, the noise, the million
BSRs, the sketchy rear brakes (OK, that one's my fault...) and etc. I was
back to another new car today (and hopefully tomorrow the Fit will be
available, then there will prob. be something else on the weekend, and so
on) and I want all the new-ness more. OTOH I think my G20 is about perfect
for a DD personal car. I guess I am turning fogey-ish into my 30s, but I
like the added refinement, the better ride, the better driving position and
all the foo-foo (Fancher here?) stuff. I don't need a lot of power to have
fun, so I don't mind that it's not fast.

Have any of you driven a new Rabbit? I plan to try one of those (it's a
regular 2.5 auto) when I can, and it looks nice as hell. I was pretty
impressed with the previous one.

David