do you miss your car

David Pertuz davidpertuz at mindspring.com
Tue Oct 24 21:42:51 CDT 2006

...when you come back to it after you've been away from it for a long while?

My G20 has been sitting in the garage for two months, and I've only driven
my SE-R twice since Labor Day weekend. I finally drove the SE-R home from
work today, and drove the G20 out tonight after I got home. Taking the SE-R
home, I smiled at all the things I always loved about it - the engine, the
shifter, the steering. At the same time, it's got enough BSRs for a whole
parking lot full of cars, the rear suspension sounds like I'm carrying a
bunch of 2x4s in the trunk, it's got a big right pull, I haven't done any
of the pre-winter maintenance yet, etc. etc. Driving new cars all the time
(work) has spoiled me when it comes to refinement. My G20 was just about
perfect, though (except for the it's-not-a-new-car thing) - comfy, small,
no huge a-pillars, great steering, great turn-in, grreat shifter and
clutch, great cornering balance, and on and on.

I miss driving them, but at the same time all the odl-car stuff is aggravating.

David