Who has plans waiting in the wings?

Jon Pennington cowboydren at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 16:51:59 CDT 2006

'94 G20t : Problem : Fix : Reason for Delay

Shocks are dead, which will be replaced with KYB AGX, scheduled
for Labor Day week.  Honestly, I'd rather have GR2s, but the AGX are
on-hand, and have been since January.  Also replacing dust boots
(Energy), rubber mount bits (Nissan), and whatever else falls apart
upon disassembly.  Also scheduled are Carbing braces.

I'd like to do a comprehensive suspension rebuild with polyurethane
bits (Energy, Whiteline) in the places where they matter, and rubber
where it doesn't matter.  Coming up with $300 for bits and pieces that
nobody's ever going to see is a little hard to justify to The Wife. :)
When I do get around to the comprehensive rebuild, Tein S.Tech
springs and "MEP" upper shock mounts will go on as well.

This car had 180k+ HARD miles when I got it.  Ultimately, my '01
Roller Motor with 60k miles will go in the engine bay, probably with
the '94 lowport cylinder head attached to it.  This engine is nowhere
close to dead, so there's no point in taking the car out of service
for a whole week while my dumb ass sits there staring at a car with
no engine and two engines on the ground, trying to figure out
whether I want to chrome or powdercoat the thermostat housing.

I hate 14" tires, so the 16s from my B15 will also go on this car.
I've all but decided on the Pirelli P-Zero Nero M+S tire, in
205/50-16, which will cost nearly $500 in rubber alone.  These
wheels also mandate hub spacers in the rear.  Probably going to
happen next Spring when the IRS rebate/subsidy check comes.

Rear brakes need pads, maybe rotors.  The fronts are already ceramic,
which I think I like.  I want to wait until I can put some
stainless steel lines in place, too.  Again, they're not dead /yet/.

Electrical gremlins abound.  The backlights on my foglight switch,
defroster switch, and all HVAC diverter buttons don't light.  Dancing
tach.  I don't have a 10ga power lead running to my Alpine V-Drive
deck (which, believe it or not, makes an audible difference).  Been
thinking about rewiring the factory amp instead of using the deck.
My headlights shine different colors (one's green, one's pink).  I'd
really like to make the 12v power outlet constant instead of key-only
operation.  This just takes time that I'm not willing to spend in the
heat.

And it needs paint.  I'm thinking about going from Black (HOT!!) to
either an '00 Sentra Granite (remember Disco Potato before it went
psychadelic?) or an '05 Altima gray metallic (I don't know it's name).
 I'm a sucker for dark grays.  Maybe some red and black NISMO
pinstripes and some bronze tint for my wheels. JAY DEE EMM,
BABY!!! ;)

--

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are. - K. Cobain