Dancing Tach Strikes Again

Jon Pennington cowboydren at gmail.com
Sat Jul 29 11:52:03 CDT 2006

The tach on my '94 G20t can't be trusted at all.  It often displays
idle speed at 1600 RPM, which just can't be.  It also drags and jumps
when pulling at WOT.  I understand that there's no known fix for this
problem on old Nissans, or am I wrong?

Anyway, how hard is it to install an aftermarket tach, something
simple like a Sun Super Tach II?  Do I need some kind of a signal
massage box, or can I tap into a wire on the distributor or wiring
harness?

--

This is a signature placeholder, because I'm out of quippy things to attach.