High-Miler SR20, Synthetic Oil

Matt MA MA at legacypartners.com
Fri Jul 7 17:14:51 CDT 2006

Sludge builds up in every little nook and cranny. Cleaning the cam oilers will
definitely help. However, there are many little oil passages between the head
and block that could also be gummed up. While you have the valve cover and cam
oilers off, spray several cans of cleaner into your head. Get a bunch of pipe
cleaners and toothbrushes and scrub away to help the sludge dissolve.

matt

>>> "Jon Pennington" <cowboydren at gmail.com> 7/7/2006 2:34 PM >>>
Where do the flakes of sludge originate?  If I take the cam oilers off
of my 190kMi motor, bathe them in some super-carcinogenic cleaner, and
put them back in, am I out of the woods?  Or does the sludge come from
deeper in the head or block?  Not knowing much about SR20 anatomy, I
don't even know where to start...