Nitrogen filled tires & tires for sale spam

wmc2004aug at bellsouth.net wmc2004aug at bellsouth.net
Sat Jun 24 16:39:41 CDT 2006

Hey Guys....

Wondering if any of ya' have heard of "nitrogen filled" tires or have
any opinions on such.  I first heard of this about a year ago, and it
seemed kinda silly, since air is nearly 80% nitrogen anyway.  But
supposedly eliminating the oxygen in plain air and the water from air
compressors helps with a few things;  including temperature &
pressure stability, and, uuhhh, some other crap.

Reason I asked is I replaced the stock tires on the 5 week / 2000mile
old RSX, and the Acura dealer had the "nitro fill" available for an
extra $24.  I opted for it, and as it turned out, they left me
waiting around so damn long (3 hours for a mount & balance) they did
it all for free!

I'll also mention:  TireRack.com has some awesome deals on some sizes
of the Goodyear "Eagle F1 GS-D3" right now.  The 215/45-17s on the
RSX are only $88!  I've never been a big fan of Goodyear, but these
have some great reviews from Car & Driver, and the Tire Rack staff
and the price was right so I ordered.

And - if anyone is interested in a set of 215/45VR17 Michelin MXM4
"Grand Touring All-Season" tars' with only 2100 miles, I've got a set
for sale for $150.  TireRack wants $190 EACH for the
things!  Shipping would be around $45 to most places, or pick up in
Asheville, NC.

    -Wayne  '06 RSX-S / 93 SE-R / '93 NK2k / '90 Miata