Water vs Alcohol injection.

Raymond Kawski sr20de at e-rak.com
Fri Jun 16 07:37:14 CDT 2006

On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 23:17:55 -0500, wmc2004aug wrote

> Alcohols have much lower heat capacity and heat of vaporization.  So
> my speculation is:  the water is a much better coolant, but alcohol
> also cools to some extent and adds fuel and extra octane.

I think that is one of the reasons.  The other reason is water is cheaper. ;)

To answer the other question about Alcohol kits.  The Aquamist system is
designed to run either water or Methanol.  If you are going for the most
power I was told at one point to run straight methanol.

I've been squirting Bug Juice for the last two years.   It's basically just
water, methanol and a little detergant and color.  Benefit is that it
doesn't freeze so I don't have to drain it. :)

RK
--
Raymond A. Kawski