New Car

Wayne wmc2004aug at bellsouth.net
Fri May 19 14:34:43 CDT 2006

[ copied to list - let's discuss! ]
At 02:24 PM 5/19/2006, Aaron Mosher wrote:
>congrats Wayne!  The RSXen have looked great since they were
>introduced - and you get great gas mileage and amazing reliability.

Thanks:)

>The WRX has been a great daily driver for me since 2001 - 90k miles
>and still a blast to sit in and drive.  What didn't you like about
>it for a daily driver?  I've got the uber-practical wagon.

It seemed hard to drive at a slow pace, like in city traffic.  It
either bogged or lugged at low rpm.  Or with a little throttle was
like BAM! turbo kicking in NOW!  It seemed to lack a middle ground,
power wise.  Similarly with the steering, it seemed a little
disconnected - don't get me wrong, the thing flew through corners
like it was reading my mind, and the grip was nearly unshakable;  but
it  seemed difficult to really accurately place it in a lane, eg:
trying to drive a proper racing line.  Maybe it was just because
things were happening do damn fast, it overwhelmed me!

>So what are you doing with the SE-R?

It's been sitting in the garage for almost two years now.  Need to
fix a few things and sell it.  It's a really clean 1993 with only
around 111K on it, and has been a VA & NC car its whole life, so it's
basically rust free.  I bought it thinking it would replace my
original one, but somehow I just never "bonded" with it.

    -Wayne    '06 RSX-S / '93 SE-R / '93 NK2k / '90 Miata