Toddler Seats

Darren Calbero DarrenC at ampartners.com
Wed May 17 13:14:54 CDT 2006

Since there is no part specifically made for the B13 for the lower
strap, I was considering adapting another part that actually was made
for the B13 4-door.  B13s with fold-down rear seats have a "ring" which
the seat latch locks into. Not entirely sure if it will work but I may
try to see if that part could act as at attachment point for the lower
harness if secured at the seatbelt bolts.

Of course I may not do this since the upper tether that I hooked up is
actually doing extremely well in stabilizing the baby seat.  The center
belt seems to work fine as the main "tie-down" but due to it's design,
it will need to be checked very frequently.

A side note:  I'm going to pick up the upper tether attachment for my
wife's '95 Tercel from the dealer today.  Somehow I wouldn't be
surprised if it looked similar to the one I got from what I think is now
a Kia Sephia that is being used in my SE-R.  A quick description of the
B13 attachment from Greg Vogel (http://www.MossyPerformance.com) seems
to indicate a very close resemblance to the piece I salvaged.

DC