Oil on spark plugs

wmc2004aug at bellsouth.net wmc2004aug at bellsouth.net
Sun May 14 21:49:31 CDT 2006

At 08:47 PM 5/14/2006, Jim Wright wrote:
>If I'm remembering correctly, there's a rubber seal around the
>openings for the plugs in the valve cover, I'm assuming that the
>most likely fix for this is to replace my valve cover gasket and the
>spark seals?

Yup.  Usually I like to go Nissan OEM for all my parts, but you will
find the complete gasket set for the valve cover costs over $90,
which is friggin' insane for some rubber parts.

Fel-Pro Gaskets has a complete kit, which Advance Auto Parts charged
me $36 for, and it works great.  It includes the main gasket, all 5
rings, and the 17 or so rubber & metal washers that go under the crown nuts.

Get the Permatex gray sealer and check the FSM for the application points.

    -Wayne    '93 SE-R / '93 NK2k / '90 Miata