My Engine Cuts Out

Raymond Kawski sr20de at e-rak.com
Sun May 14 00:34:45 CDT 2006

On Sat, 13 May 2006 18:18:51 -0500, Tim Rogers wrote

> MAF #1 it wouldn't rev. over 5500.  With MAF #2 it won't rev over 6200.

Weird.

> I borrowed Eric Waterman's NProbe and went out for a drive.  The peak
 readings @ full throttle were:
 TPS - 4.24 (Idle was .52 )
 INJ - 73.4
 O2 - .96
 BATT - 14.2
 RPM - 6212
 MAS - 4.33
 IGN - 37

With the exception of the RPM's everything else looks about right.   Did you
try doing a powerbalance test with the Nprobe to eliminate it being a single
cylinder causing the problem.  It still should rev to 7750 even running on 3
cylinders.  Try the power balance though.

Any codes in self diagnostics?  Probably not B13's rarely throw codes.
Usually a 0304 at most.

RK
--
Raymond A. Kawski