Front Wheel Bearing

Bill Shafer wgs at zoominternet.net
Thu Apr 27 07:01:57 CDT 2006

BlankHi guys. I replaced the LF axle recently and maybe tightened the 32mm nut
too tight. I was trying to get to the next notch on the nut when I used a
piece of pipe to turn it. When I test drove it the rotor was rubbing the
inside of the torque member and the inside pad was dragging. I loosened the
nut till the rotor centered itself and all was fine until I accelerated, (in
any gear) it shuddered slightly but very noticeably but no bearing noise.
Could I have damaged the bearing? When on the jack the wheel turns freely and
doesn't make a sound. There is no play either. Is there a way I could have
squashed the bearing or could I just have a bad axle (NAPA)? At first I
thought it was the motor vibrating so I changed plugs, rotor, cap, cleaned
throttle body, egr, checked for vacuum leaks with no change in vibration. Any
ideas?

Thanks,  Bill Shafer  91 Classic  102K  Valley City, OH

[demime 0.98e removed an attachment of type image/gif which had a name of Blank Bkgrd.gif]