Alternator light on at high rpms?

Kieran Lavin kieran at kieranlavin.com
Tue Apr 4 06:27:31 CDT 2006

On Mon,  3 Apr 2006 21:52:56 -0500 (CDT), Torry Skurski wrote

> Recently, in the last couple of days, my car has had a problem where
> the alternator light comes on when I am under WOT at high RPM's.

Torry, this is how my alternator started to go.  Over the course of a 40+
mile drive, the lights would flicker on at WOT.  I thought I was seeing
things.  Eventually, I was able to catch the light and figure it out.  I
nursed the car back at cruising RPM's to within 2 miles of my house when the
car just died.  My sister came and jump-started me just enough to get the car
home

kieran