15 years ago

Jerry Eads jerryeads at joimail.com
Mon Apr 3 11:32:59 CDT 2006

Great fun reading the reminiscs - All I did was DRIVE one all those years ago,
fell in love with the little thing, the then wife would see none of it (but
no, that's not why we got divorced - - -)
All these years I've wanted one of these cars even though time moved on and
quicker, better handling and certainly more reliable pocket rockets came
along, but the time came for an old-life crisis car and given I didn't get
rich along the way, it seemed like a reasonable thing to do.  I found a not
bad '93 for way too much but with zero rust, flawless interior, great original
paint, very few dings, a supposedly a fresh engine and only 98k on the clock,
I went down to mousetown from Atlanta and towed it back - then found out it
had spent virtually all its life only a few miles from me in this gawdawful
town.  I went nuts.  I've now got north of $10k in the car and will likely
fiddle with it some more - BUT as was noted in one of the VERY well done
reminiscs, the folks in the community are a bunch of very nice folks indeed,
including the youngsters who (like me) can't afford anything more, and there's
some pretty neat stuff to make 'em stop and go and turn as well or better than
much of today's stuff (until you go up against a WRX or some such) - and not
everybody has one. Yay SE-R.