15 years ago

Darren Calbero DarrenC at ampartners.com
Sat Apr 1 03:09:53 CST 2006

Hey George!  Great to see you are also still on this list.

I've actually only recently rejoined this list after a few years off.  My office email (which I use as my main) had gotten some SE-Rious spam filters and would not let the deskmedia stuff through . . . until a few months ago.  Restrictions were lifted and I figured I'd give it a shot and voila!  Figured the 15 year post would be an appropriate subject to send on a list that was once the greatest resource for SE-Rs along with SE-R.net.

I do miss the gold ol days of the list: usefull info; freindly advice; very little if any political bickering; great people; and some guy often responding with "search the archives" (I think that guy lived somewhere in Texas).  I have noticed very little traffic since my return . . . due to?  Well I do remember a point where Larry was about to shut this list down due to lack of SE-R traffic and more OT stuff.

Perhaps it is up to those that remember the old times to bring this list back to life, or a semblence of it.  Not sure who is still here, but at least from a few of the replies to this thread, I do still recognize a few diehards.

So for now, my primary info on all things SE-R will again be this list.  I personally will try to take up some bandwith with questions regarding our aging but still great cars.  I hope some of the old timers and some newer guys respond to posts more often, it is afterall, the function of this mailing list, and without it, all we have is . . .

Geo wrote:

PS:  I was just thinking about you the other day Darren and wondering if a)
you still had your car and b) you were still on the list.  I miss the good
old days of the list.  It had a difference sense of camaradarie from the
forums - I think a tighter knit group.