My '94 G is a Dog

Jon Pennington cowboydren at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 12:11:25 CST 2006

'94 G20t, almost 190k miles.  OBD2 system keeps logging a P0325, or
knock sensor malfunction.  When I replaced the axles, the knock sensor
was relatively clean, and appeared to have a new bolt holding it to
the block.  I *really* don't want to have to replace that sensor, but
I'm not sure what else I can do...

I ran a bottle of Redline SP-1 through a full tank of fuel a few weeks
after replacing the fuel filter.  The cap, rotor, wires, and plugs
(Pt) are new, timing is set at 190 with 91 octane fuel.  I also
replaced the O2 sensor, which helped performance quite a bit, but I
can still feel dead spots in the acceleration curve under 3000 RPM or
so.

It stumbles and hunts a little at idle.  I have a new TB gasket, EGR
gasket, and IACV gasket, but the weather hasn't been good enough yet
to do a really thorough cleaning.  If the wind is under 30 MPH, I may
try to start tomorrow.  Is there anything else I can do if a good
cleaning doesn't help my situation further?

--

"How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could Chuck
Norris? ...All of it."