Clutch losing adjustment

wmc2004aug at bellsouth.net wmc2004aug at bellsouth.net
Mon Mar 20 17:17:53 CST 2006

At 04:14 PM 3/20/2006, Ian Lyn wrote:
>Anyone here just all of a sudden lose adjustment and have the cable
>maybe stretch? My cable was good this afternoon. Parked the car for
>several hours.

I'd try replacing the cable with a new OEM one.  How old is it?

It might not feel like there's that much resistance, but you put a
couple hundred pounds of tension on it and it might be binding.

My brother had all kinds of clutch problems on his NX for like 3
years;  finally replaced the cable, and it's all gone.

    -Wayne    '93 SE-R / '93 NK2k / '90 Miata