tire choice

Jerry Eads jerryeads at joimail.com
Mon Mar 20 17:14:04 CST 2006

Hopefully this gets through - webmail wierd and hopefully the webmaster lets
it in.
Lisa, I'm running a '93 classic SE-R on 205-40/16 BS Potenza RE950's, now I
believe on the market 960's, which I picked for performance and tire wear for
99% street after months of research for a decent street tire that wasn't going
to be gone in 10k like the favorite brands of most of these folks.  I  now
have close to 10k on them and other than the fact that they aren't very sticky
at under 30 degrees (what is) they have been VERY competent hi-perf street
tires (I'm running all the suspension goodies and a VE) and at this point show
virtually no wear; a friend of mine who is a tire dealer - WHO DOES NOT CARRY
THEM - also recommended them for my use.  He worked them at a Goodyear Road
Atlanta performance day for tire dealers and preferred them over the
Goodyears.  He estimated 30k, looks like longer.  They're twice as much as the
performance junk that most of these folks are tossing their money into (and
may be better for track and autox), but they'll last four times as long
(hence, half the cost).