OT: Purchasing older Japanese cars?

Hammer Down hammer_down at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 12 01:25:48 CST 2006

Guys, get on this guys list and let's get the law change!  I would love to
be driving a Nissan Pulsar GTiR!  Yahoo, small little 2dr hatch with awd and
230hp under the hood....  One is currently for sale in Oregon for $7k but it
is not legal on the road...   Hmm we gotta change that.

Purchase a Turbo diesel in Japan?
Reply to: sale-133189633 at craigslist.org
Date: 2006-02-11, 4:33PM

Japanese government recently announced Diesel Toyota's Nissan's Mitsu's must
be not be used on public roads unless for commercial use.
What this means is a huge surplus of diesel toyota's etc at Japanese
auctions with well under 100,000 miles being sold for less than you can buy
an old 1980,s Diesel Toyota.
I am Looking for any one interested in signing a petition to change the laws
in USA to allow 15 years or older vehicles into USA from the current 25
years.
All other G 8 countries have complied except for yours truly good old "Uncle
Sam.
Why is this? The reason is to protect the domestic market from low price
quality imports.
If you are interested in signing a petition to send to your congressman I
think we can change the rules,put pressure on the Law Makers to join in with
the G 8.
Pls reply this posting I will get you back.