Idle Problem

Bill Conner annapolis13315 at adelphia.net
Fri Jan 27 07:55:37 CST 2006

Jim McClure wrote:
 > The web says that are five idle control circuits.  I will start
through all the check out procedures, but
 > wanted to ask you guys first.

I would start with adjusting your base idle.  Make sure to get the
engine in "Base Idle Mode" before turning the idle adjust screw.  Due to
build up of tar and gunk in your throttle body, less air can pass the
throttle body at closed throttle.  The idle adjust valve is used to make
up for these variations over time.  Your idle may just be too low now.

Then I would try cleaning the throttle body if that doesn't work.

Good luck.

Bill Conner