Washer fluid pump

Lawrence Weeks dev at anabasis.net
Wed Jan 18 08:48:43 CST 2006

Once upon a time (Tue Jan 17), Wayne wrote:
> At 09:16 AM 1/17/2006, you wrote:

>> I am positive it is the pump ... the wipers do not automatically
>> start when I pull on the stalk either.

> Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.... but that is almost
> definitely the switch /control in the steering column.

Like I wrote earlier, you'd be best off to pull the cover and check the
pump directly. Disconnect the wiring harness and apply 12V directly
to the pump, and see what it does. This problem could be the switch,
wiring, harness, who knows. Given the above, the pump could be fine,
it may be the switch that died.

Larry
Lawrence Weeks                                    lweeks at anabasis.net
Anabasis Consulting Ltd