tarter removal

Raymond Kawski sr20de at e-rak.com
Mon Jan 16 13:33:15 CST 2006

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 12:10:58 -0600, Lawrence Weeks wrote

> The two starter bolts are several inches long, and the same length.
> They are quite a bit longer than the other transmission bolts, and
> are only threaded toward the end I believe. Directly above and to
> the left a bit of the upper starter bolt is one of the transmission->block
> bolts.

Yes it is very hard to confuse the starter bolts for trans bolts when you
have them out.  I also believe the starter bolts are 14mm versus 17mm for
the trans bolts.

David take a wood block from underneath and give it a wack with a mallet.
Sometimes they just get stock on there.  As for it getting stuck engaged you
would have heard the starter running all the time when you drove it.  Rather
loud and annoying.

RK
--
Raymond A. Kawski