tarter removal

Lawrence Weeks lweeks at anabasis.net
Mon Jan 16 12:10:58 CST 2006

On 1/16/06, Matt MA <MA at legacypartners.com> wrote:

> Double check and triple check that you have the correct bolts out. There
are
> tranny bolts right in the same area as the starter bolts, so it is very
easy
> to get them mixed up. What you can try doing, is take a screwdriver and
poke
> it through the empty bolt holes. Get your hand up into the starter and see
if
> you can feel the screwdriver protruding through.

The two starter bolts are several inches long, and the same length.
They are quite a bit longer than the other transmission bolts, and are
only threaded toward the end I believe. Directly above and to the left
a bit of the upper starter bolt is one of the transmission->block
bolts.

Larry
Lawrence Weeks                                    lweeks at anabasis.net
Anabasis Consulting Ltd