Oil pressure and engine temps

Khiem Dinh spdracerut at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 16 09:26:48 CST 2006

>Is it normal for oil pressure to read low when the
engine oil is warmed
>up? My Autometer electric gauge reads about 0
pressure at idle even with >10W40 oil when the car is
warmed up. It barely goes past 25psi at 6->7Krpms.

Hmm... sounds like a problem to me!  The FSM says 11
psi at idle when warm, and I think 48-60 psi at 3200
rpms.  Even with my turbo and such, I see about .7 bar
when warm with 0w-40 Mobil 1 in daily driving and
about 3.3 bar or so when cruising.  So I'm a little on
the low side for oil pressure but not bad.

Your oil level might be too low or the pump just not
working well.  Possibly a leak where the gauge is
attached bleeding off pressure?

Khiem