Personal Dilemna

JaretR1 at aol.com JaretR1 at aol.com
Sat Jan 14 16:54:22 CST 2006

Hello List...

I have been a member of this list since I can remember, as I have had  my 91
SE-R since March of 1991.

I think I am at a cross roads with this car.  Its not my daily driver
anymore and hasnt been for years.  Its still basically stock.  It has  120k miles on
it.  Right now it sits in the garage and gets driven once or  twice a month.
It still runs great, just has issues that all 15 year old  cars have.

To begin with it needs a new clutch, it still has the original.  This  one
still grabs fine once in gear, but take offs need to be gingerly.   Probably
needs a clutch cable and everything else that goes with it.  The  AC doesn't work
which means if I were to keep it, it can only be driven half the  year down
here in Florida.  It needs a paint job, a new headliner.  It  probably needs to
have the struts replaced, although they are Tokicos and  supposably have a
lifetime warrantee.  It has a small fuel leak, which  leads me to the next
problem, everything rubber on the car probably needs to be  replaced from bushings
to belt to hoses as would be expected of a 15 year old  car that has lived its
life in the Florida humidity.

I do not know what to do with this car at this point. Keep it?  Fix  it?
sell it?  I have some emotional attachments with this car.   I bought it new when
I was 18, and now I am 33, and still have it.    Its like I have kept it this
long, why give it up now.  Yet, my dream is to  put something much nicer in
the garage, like a Corvette or 350Z..then what do I  do?

The car cant be worht much, yet the repairs it needs to bring it back to
nice condition are probalby several g's.

Having said all that I still get a kick out of driving it.  No car  fits me
like this one does.  The seats hug me.  The door armrest is in  the perfect
place.  Watching the tach needle go up to 7500 RPM is still fun  (not many cars
can do that even these days)...

What should I do??

Jaret