Welding Floor

wmc2004aug at bellsouth.net wmc2004aug at bellsouth.net
Mon Oct 31 19:41:08 CST 2005

Hey Y'all....

Glad to hear there are still people out there!

Wondering if any of you have had to weld in any floor repairs in a
B-13?  Our '93 NX has a rust hole in the passenger foot-well. I
discovered it working on a clutch and other stuff underneath.  I
chipped away some of the rusty material;  but it almost looks like
two layers of steel with some material (sound deadening rubber?)
sandwiched between.

If that IS the case, I didn't know if it makes it tricky to weld
properly.  A friend & I recently took beginning welding at the local
community college, and he bought a MIG setup so we can fix any simple
stuff.  We also learned enough to know we can quickly hit the limits
of out skills!  Any surprises in such a repair?

    -Wayne    '93 SE-R / '93 NK2k / '90 Miata