Speaking of questions.

Ben Fenner fenfam at sc.rr.com
Sun Oct 30 10:51:55 CST 2005

You know the transmission mount on the driver's side? It has three bolts
that mount it to the tranny, and then one long bolt that mounts it to
the chassis. I stripped the long, single bolt that holds the tranny to
the chassis. I decided to leave it be, and it stayed for about 6 months,
but now the bolt has walked its way out, and it's gone. I stripped the
threads on the car, not the bolt itself. So my question is, can I drill,
re-tap, and heli-coil that bitch? I just don't know what it looks like
back there. Is it a nut welded to the frame? If so, I could probably
re-weld a new nut on there, if that's a better solution?

What would you do?

-Ben Fenner
1994 Black SE-R